Hello, hello lovies! Happy hump day to all of you, thank you for coming to the blog today, and joining me! Today’s blog post is a highly requested review, and a crazy popular item as well. It is the Tarte Cosmetics shape tape concealer!! Check out my review! It was near impossible to find my shade, ha, no not really I just happened to find it in store, they had it in the back luckily in my shade, I was thankful for that! The color I am reviewing is light neutral (which I am guessing is a popular one) as I think it will suite a lot of skin tones, and colors. I was so excited that my local Ulta had it in stock, I jumped right on it, that’s for sure!! P.S. while I was in line purchasing this, there was another woman beside me purchasing it as well! See? I told you crazy popular!! So I bet you are wondering what the hype is? Or why is it so good? Well, let’s jump right into my review!! I am writing this late at night, and need to get to bed, so I won’t have to use a crazy amount of this stuff under my eyes in the morning, lol!!
Let me just start off by saying that, I have been searching for a new concelor and I love this one! Great coverage and it’s so easy to blend in!! I really couldn’t believe it!! So easy to use, blends in like magic, I use a damp beauty blender, and you only need a very small amount. The applicator wand makes it so easy to apply, I just lightly pull out the wand, and it’s ready to use for all areas of my face. I don’t have to re dip, which is not only hygienic, but keeps it clean! As many of you know, I have a lot of hyper-pigmentation, and severe acne scars all over my face, and this stuff just covers it up so effortlessly, well mostly, my scars are very deep, and red, so nothing really conceals them perfectly unfortunately, so I take what I can get as far as coverage goes. It brightens my under eye area, and sets very fast, but doesn’t cling to my fine lines, scars, or wrinkles at all. There is a light fresh scent that doesn’t last once applied. It is easy to blend with a blush, finger or beauty blender. The key is making sure you find the right color match for your skin. The product dries, and sets very quickly, so you must blend fast! It lasts all day and you don’t even have to use much because a little goes a long way, like I said before. I Will definitely be buying more in the future, a repurchase must have for me for sure! I definitely think it’s worth the hype!
How to use:
This creamy concealer is ideal for applying with the quickie blending sponge (sold separately.)
To Cover & Perfect
1. Dot concealer directly over blemishes, dark circles or other imperfections and use the narrow, tapered side of the sponge to dab and blend.
2. To cover redness or uneven skin tone, apply concealer directly onto skin and blend using the larger, domed end of the sponge.
3. To offset the look of dark circles, trace concealer onto undereye area in a “triangle of light formation” and blend using the narrow side of the sponge.
To Contour & Highlight
1. Trace concealer in light, thin lines directly onto areas you want to highlight and contour, such as the cheekbones, forehead, chin and nose.
2. Use the narrow, pointed side of sponge to blend formula into skin in the direction of the lines you traced. The larger, domed side can be used to soften any harsh lines.
3. Wear concealer 1-2 shades darker for creamy contouring and 1-2 shade lighter as a luminous highlighter.